56K* V.92 Serial Controller Dial-up External Faxmodem
Click Below for Additional Views
Your Price: $89.95
Availability: In Stock
USR5686G-VAR-20 bulk pack also available.
Additional Power Supply
Specifications & Standards
- V.92, V.90, V.34+, V.34, V.32bis, V.32, V.22bis, V.22, V.23, V.21, Bell 103, and Bell 212A
- V.42/MNP 2-4 error correction, V.44 & V.42 bis/MNP 5 compression
- V.80 video conferencing support
- Fax: V.17, V.29, V.27ter, V.21; EIA 578 (Class 1) and EIA 592 (Class 2.0), Group III
- Caller ID and distinctive ring (require service from your local phone company/Caller ID may not be supported in some countries)
- Hayes Compatible
- 8 Position DIP Switch
- 7 LEDs (AA, CD, RD, SD, TR, CS, ARQ/FAX)
- DTE Interface: RS232/V.24 - DB25 female connector
- Phone Line Interface: Dual RJ-11
- Power Supply: 9Vac 1A
- Power Switch
- Volume Control Knob
- Temperature: Operating Temperature conditions: 0 to 50 degrees C, Non-Operating Temperature conditions: -20 to 70 degrees C
- Humidity: Operating Humidity conditions: 20% to 80% non-condensing, Non-Operating Humidity conditions: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- FCC approved (Part 15 Class B/Part 68)
- IC approved
- UL listed
- CUL listed
- CE approved (Class B)
- Typical: ≈3.6W active, ≈1.6W idle (including provided power adaptor)
- Typical: ≈2.5W active, ≈1.1W idle (excluding power adaptor)
- 9.5 x 5.75 x 2.6 in.
- 1.65 lb
- 6.5 x 3.75 x 1.3 in.
- .54 lb
Minimum System Requirements
- Available Serial Port
- Analog Phone Line
- RS-232 Serial Cable
- Modem is compatible with Server 2012, Server 2011, Windows 8 64 bit, Win 8, Windows 7 64 bit, Win 7, Server 2008 64 bit, Server 2008, Vista 64 bit, Vista, Server 2003 64 bit, Server 2003, XP 64 bit, XP, NT 4.0, 2000, ME, 98, 95, 3.1, Linux and DOS.
- Unimodem TSP/TAPI compliant
- Fax software requires Microsoft Windows 95 or later
- Modem on Hold requires Windows 2000 or later.
- USRobotics 56K Serial Controller Faxmodem
- AC Power Supply Unit
- RJ-11 Telephone cable (7 ft)
- Quick Install Guide
- USRobotics Installation Essentials CD with modem device drivers, data/fax software, MoH, and manuals
2-year limited manufacturer warranty from date of purchase. Click here for full warranty information.
*Capable of receiving at up to 56 Kbps and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations, receiving speeds are limited to 53 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92 and V.90 features require compatible phone line and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). USRobotics modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
† Call Waiting service required for using Modem on Hold (MoH). Call Waiting/Caller ID service required for utilizing Caller ID feature of MoH
‡ Advanced fax functionality may require installation of bundled software.
§ Time measured from start of modem tones, amount of time may be slightly longer with error control enabled.
Controller-based, controllerless or softmodem? 33.6 modem or 56K modem? What's the difference? USRobotics will show you how modems work so you can pick the one you need.
Learn about new V.92 technology, features, and software upgrades.
Find drivers, upgrades, and other support materials and information to keep you connected.